Friday, July 6, 2012

An 'Alternative HI'

After some back and forth of my new tracks they are FINALLY, OFFICIALLY, getting mastered. No really...they are. I promise.

In the meantime, one of my first songs that I ever wrote called "Over-rated Town" was recently released on a compilation called 'Alternative HI' (Mountain Apple Co.), put together by some of my friends back in Hawaii, Brandon Apeles and Shawn Livingston Moseley. It is available on iTunes and includes 18 Hawaii bands that are working hard to raise the awareness and appreciation for independent alternative music in the Islands. I am so proud to have been a part of such a wonderful group of musicians...and my song is track #1! Extra bonus!

I recorded it last May at Soul Sound Studio in Kaneohe, HI with Shawn and Brandon, and musicians Elija Oguma and Toni Wong on accompaniment.

To be honest, I was skeptical about recording this song at first, because I had tried to record it about three different times (and studios) prior and it never seemed to translate well as a recorded track. I found this video taken by Eli (Oguma) the night I recorded the song. It's not the greatest lighting or take, but it was the first time I went over the song with Shawn who helped me arrange the song to what you hear on the recording. I am not going to include the final track...because you are just going to have to check it and the 17 bands tracks here.


Over Rated Town
This over rated town
Lifts me up to drag me down
Got memories of better days when
All you said would make me stay

Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah
Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah

But it's not enough to
Set me free of this
Over rated town that rests on me
From black and white to shades of gray
I'm struggling to make my way

Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah
Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah

Wasted dreams that I live to tell
In the only place that I know so well
I'm feeling restless, and careless
Pretending that I like this

Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah
Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah

And I won't be held back by you
No I won't be held back by you

Oh yeah, Oh yeah
Oh yeah, Oh yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment